I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell Dimension E520 and after upgrading, realized that my TEAC CA-200 card reader no longer worked properly. I went to support.dell.com to see if there were any Windows 7 drivers available, and of course they were not. Luckily, there is a fix. Read on…
- Download the Windows Vista drivers from the Dell Support site. (I only tried this with the 32-bit drivers.)
- Extract the drivers to the C:\Dell\Drivers\R176587 folder.
- Go to that folder, right-click on Imgr32b.exe and go to Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and under Compatibility mode, check “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” Then choose “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).”
- Click OK.
- Now, double-click to run the file and follow the instructions to install. You must put it into compatibility mode or it will not run. (When I installed, it hung near the end of the install process. I killed the program, and everything still worked fine.
- This should do it and everything should be working now.
In my case, it did not work immediately. I had to open up the PC, disconnect the card reader and then reconnect it. Once I did that it was immediately recognized.
Hope this helps.